Dear Team Members,
Christ is Risen! Indeed He is Risen!
We’re getting closer and closer to our mission trip to Napaskiak, Alaska but we still have some important training to do! We have two more sessions:
SATURDAY MAY 20TH 2-6 p.m. at ST. JOHN’S BRIDGEPORT (364 Mill Hill Ave.) – CONSTRUCTION, SAFETY AND TEACHING TRAINING SESSION
As you all have heard, our service in Alaska will be on two projects:
· Running a youth camp and teen conference
· Helping build a church in the nearby town of Oscarville
On 5/20 we will divide our time between
· A refresher of the construction and safety skills we will need for the church construction project
· Training on the lessons, crafts and sports/activities we will be offering at the youth camps
There will also be a presentation from Matushka Tamara Cowan from Holy Trinity Yonkers who has spent much time in Alaska and will share first hand some “insider info” and maybe teach us a phrase or two in Yup’ik.
There will be no meal on Saturday. Please bring any additional stock sales/fundraising proceeds.
SATURDAY JUNE 24TH 3-5 PARENT MEETING, 5-7 TEEN TRAINING AND BBQ (LEADER MEETING AT 7:00 P.M.) HOLY TRINITY DANBURY, CT
· Parents: fill out trip paperwork, go over pack list, answer last minute questions
· Teens: go over pack list, final travel and trip details, prayer walk, preparatory activities, BBQ
Looking forward to seeing all of you and completing our training for our mission trip together!