Dear OYMT 2017 Alaska Members,
Glory to Jesus Christ! Glory Forever!
It was a blessed trip for all of us. I'm sure all of you noticed a difference in culture from Napaskiak to what you found back here in 'the lower 48.' I noticed the difference in culture just from the airports on the way home. We contacted Presbytera Renee and went over some of the points OCMC give to their missionaries when they return home from a mission trip. These are the ones we want to share with you. Please read them carefully; think and pray on them.
TIPS FOR ENTERING LIFE BACK HOME
· Be open to what God taught you while you were in Alaska.
· Keep up your prayer life.
· Allow yourself to reflect a changed live.
· Think about the most important things you want to share with others to inspire them about your Team experience.
· Don’t expect others to be as excited about your experience as you are.
· Be careful about value judgments – don’t judge people back at home or Alaska.
· Sometimes injustices or poverty lead us to ask ‘why’ (why not me; why here; why so much; why so little). Get involved in your own Churches outreach and make a difference around you. Pray for Orthodox Missions. Pray for your parish at home. Pray for those you met in Napaskiak.
· Be prepared for nostalgia – most people miss being with teammates, the hosts and having something meaningful to do.
· Don’t let a little depression take you by surprise – we can become sad and miss the love and joy we were surrounded with.
· Keep in touch! – with your team members, hosts, OCMC.
· Contact your supporters – and share how meaningful your experience was and how you appreciated their financial and prayer support.
Remember to pray for each other and those in Alaska we came to know so well. If you have any questions please feel free to contact me.
Assuring you of my love and prayers,