This is a fundraiser for the Orthodox Youth Mission Team 2017 trip to Alaska through OCMC. We will be having a Mary Kay Holiday Open House and 30% of the proceeds will go directly to the team. Please feel free to share the flyer with friends. There will be beautiful gifts for everyone on your list, stocking stuffers, hostess gifts, presents for teachers and more. We’ll also have the latest holiday glam for you to try. Please stop by and enjoy some festive refreshments, good cheer and fun for a very good cause—and get a few gifts crossed off your list as well! If you have any special Mary Kay requests, or if you can’t join us but want to shop online, visit: www.marykay.com/bmihaly.
Thanking you in advance for your generosity!
The Orthodox Youth Mission Team
You will have two options for making up our Stock Sale Meeting.
1. Saturday Feb. 25th 6:00-8:00 p.m. at St. John’s in Stratford (600 Silver Lane, Stratford, CT 06614). There will be Vespers at 4:00 p.m. and Alex will give a presentation about missions at 4:45 p.m. Following the presentation there will be some refreshments and an opportunity for Q & A with Alex. It’s a great opportunity to learn more about our host organization, OCMC, and also to speak to someone who has already done what you are about to do and we urge teens and parents to take advantage of this opportunity. From 6:00 to 8:00 p.m. we will have our meeting and get our stock letters addressed and ready to mail. And, we will get to do an OYMT meeting at Melissa’s church which never happens. Yay!
2. Sunday Feb. 26th 1:00-3:00 at Holy Trinity in Danbury, CT. Liturgy at 10:00 a.m. followed by a brunch to support OCMC and a presentation by Alex, and a Q & A. From 1:00-3:00 p.m. we will have a meeting to send out our stock letters out. Again, if you (and your parents) can come in time for the presentation it will be very beneficial but the meeting will be from 1:00-3:00 p.m.
We are asking that all team members attend one or the other of these two meetings. It is imperative that we get our stock letters out before the beginning of March. Please let me know which meeting you plan to attend. If you absolutely (no way) can meet either of these two times, please let me know ASAP.
As with today, please bring your mailing list on peel and stick address labels to the meeting, along with $5 which will be a donation to OCMC since dinner/brunch is being provided. Also, please bring your $150 final payment to which ever meeting you attend.
OCMC staff will join us in Danbury for a weekend training session and we will immerse ourselves at a fun-filled retreat in preparation for our mission in Alaska.
Arrive at Holy Trinity on Saturday, April 29th at 8:30 a.m. for breakfast. We will also provide lunch, dinner, and breakfast after liturgy on Sunday.
What to pack:
- ASP dress code appropriate attire for day sessions (no work boots required) and sleeping
- a Bible
- clothes for liturgy on Sunday
- air mattress or mat and sleeping bag (NOTE: on our trip we will not be bringing air mattresses, only camping mats. This may be a good time to purchase and try out your mat to make sure it works for you.) If the weather cooperates, boys/men may be sleeping outside—we will provide the tents
- Please bring all stock sales and fundraiser proceeds
- Government issued photo i.d
- There will be separate bathrooms for males and females; no showers.
- We will be making breakfast on Sunday as a fundraiser for our trip.
- The training session will end for youth on Sunday at 2 p.m. Youth are expected to be here for the entire time unless you have already cleared an exception with me. (Adult leaders will have an additional session with Andy from 2:00-4:00 p.m.)
PARENTS: There will be a Q&A session for parents with Andy from 1:00-2:00 p.m. on Sunday. A parent for each teen is strongly encouraged to attend. This will be your one opportunity to speak directly with someone from OCMC about our trip and get any and all questions you have answered.
No turning back now!!
This is the date our airlines reservations will be locked in. After this point, anyone who needs to back out for any reason will be responsible for reimbursing their airfare in full.