Christ is Risen! Indeed He is Risen!
I hope you all are enjoying a most glorious Pascha! Since our weekend-long training session at Holy Trinity in Danbury on April 29-30 is rapidly approaching, I wanted to send a few important details and reminders. We will be welcoming Andy Lekos, a Missions Team Director from OCMC who will be conducting our training. Our two days will be very busy and we have a lot of ground to cover. So, here’s what you need to know:
· Arrive at Holy Trinity on Saturday, April 29th at 8:30 a.m. for breakfast.
· We will also provide lunch, dinner, and breakfast after liturgy on Sunday.
· What to pack: ASP dress code appropriate attire for day sessions (no work boots required) and sleeping, a Bible, clothes for liturgy on Sunday. Bring an air mattress or mat and sleeping bag. (NOTE: on our trip we will not be bringing air mattresses, only camping mats. This may be a good time to purchase and try out your mat to make sure it works for you.) If the weather cooperates, boys/men may be sleeping outside—we will provide the tents.
· There will be separate bathrooms for males and females; no showers.
· We will be making breakfast on Sunday as a fundraiser for our trip.
· The training session will end for youth on Sunday at 2 p.m. Youth are expected to be here for the entire time unless you have already cleared an exception with me. (Adult leaders will have an additional session with Andy from 2:00-4:00 p.m.)
PARENTS: There will be a question and answer session for parents with Andy from 1:00-2:00 p.m. on Sunday. A parent for each teen is strongly encouraged to attend. This will be your one opportunity to speak directly with someone from OCMC about our trip and get any and all questions you have answered.
Hope your fundraising efforts are going well. Please bring all stock sales and fundraiser proceeds you have to our training session. We have passed the half way point of $10,000 toward our stock goal.
Also, for our trip everyone will need a government issued photo i.d. This can be one of the following:
· Driver’s license
· Govt. issued driver’s learner’s permit with photo
· Non-driver’s license govt issued photo id
We will need to make a photocopy of your id in order to submit names for your airline tickets. Please bring your id with you on Saturday so we can photocopy. If you do not have one of these forms of ID please make arrangements to get one before our May meeting. That will be the deadline for copying ID’s.
If anyone has any questions, don’t hesitate to contact me by phone or email.
Looking forward to seeing everyone on the 29th!